South Central Indiana REMC
South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, member-owned cooperative. The cooperative is a leader in distribution technology and is headquartered in a new and progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana. SCI REMC serves seven counties including Morgan, Monroe, Owen, Brown, Johnson, Putnam and Clay with over 3,650 miles of energized lines and 33,905 meters serving 28,512 members. SCI REMC is also in the start-up phase with the fiber division that will offer broadband services to its members’ homes and businesses.
SCI REMC is looking for applicants for a full-time Dispatcher position. The best candidates will have successful system operations experience with an electric power company. SCI is also willing to train minimally-experienced applicants who have demonstrated work or education history to be analytical, detailed, dependable and have an ability to handle multiple events and maintain focus to accurately communicate with personnel in safety-sensitive positions. Candidates must have a strong desire to learn system operation, train and achieve System Operator I certification in three to five years of hire, depending on experience level.
This key position’s general responsibilities include:
- Continuous monitoring of the SCI electric grid in real-time and operating automated electrical devices via SCADA as needed to maintain a stable system.
- Dispatching of work orders, service orders, and outage tickets to system construction, servicemen, and repair crews as needed. Maintaining accurate and thorough daily communication logs and comply with OSHA lock-out/tag-out requirements.
- Managing outage situations, including contacting repairs crew for outages using the Interactive Voice Response system, Outage Management system, CIS, AMI, and SCADA system.
- Coordinating distribution power line switching operations via two-way radio telephone, or other electronic forms of communication.
- Assisting the System Operations Team Leader and System Operators in maintaining an accurate system operations model to ensure correct locations of distribution lines and devices.
If you are Interested in this great opportunity and meet the qualifications below,
apply confidentially through the SCI REMC website – www.sciremc.com/careers
Resumes received ONLY through the SCI website will be considered.
SCI REMC offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401(k) matched savings, healthcare, HSA with a generous employer contribution and much more. Joining the co-op family will prove to be a welcoming, friendly experience where employees are focused on providing the best service to all members and subscribers. Join this unique, not-for-profit business that truly values employees and encourages life-long learning and development.
** QUALIFICATIONS **
- High school diploma, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an electric utility operations/engineering department with working knowledge in generation, transmission or distribution of energy. Advance knowledge of various software systems is required. Advanced and accurate typing and record keeping skills are required. Understanding of electrical systems operations/practices and standards and two-way radio communications is required. Experience with rural electric distribution system construction practices and standards strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to operate multiple computer applications on multiple monitors simultaneously and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced/ high-stress environment with safety-sensitive positions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via two-way radio.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management employees, members, contractors, personnel from other organizations and the general public.
- Must be able to distinguish primary colors to accurately identify objects and lines on the system map.
- Must be willing to work various schedules for the 12-hour day or night shift operations and be available to work weekends and holidays. Must be available during inclement weather with short notice to work during power outages, storms, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively daily with a variety of individuals.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to tolerate stress and to remain calm, efficient, and courteous under pressure.
- Must demonstrate a high safety awareness with the responsibility of dispatching and operating systems that can cause serious or fatal harm to employees and the public.
- Must be willing and eager to continuously learn all aspects of the job.
- Dispatchers hired after January 1, 2018 must be willing and able to complete all required qualification training, testing and simulation for Dispatcher, System Operator I and System Operator II within 3 to 5 years of employment, depending on knowledge level. All new employees in System Operations must work in dispatch on a full-time basis for at least 24 months before attaining the System Operator Level I, depending upon previous related experience and opportunities to evaluate and observe in storm situations. An agreement to repay training costs may be required, depending upon relevant experience.
- Must be regular in work attendance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
SCI REMC is an EO Employer – Minorities/Female/Disabilities/Veterans